Certificate in Accounting
and Financial Statement Analysis
Duration: 3 days
The aim of this course is to provide a practical workshop in financial concepts and analysis which will builds on the basics of financial analysis through an examination of several specific accounting elements. The course will aim to address the subjective areas of accounting and problems associated with the high degree of uncertainty that accountants and financial analysts face on a daily basis.
- Understand Accounting Standards provisions for revenue recognition, inventory, construction contracts, intangibles, impairments, and the impact of foreign exchange movements;
- Analyse the various impacts that the different options and choices available under the Accounting Standard have on financial statements;
- Appreciate that accounting can be subjective and that principle-based standards give guidance.
For more information on this training domain
Certificate in Fund Accounting
Duration: 1 day
This program has been designed to provide a comprehensive overview of how to account for the funds you manage and their corresponding financial instruments. It will cover the statutory reporting of collective investment schemes as well as pricing methods and valuation of securities held in these funds.
The course will use ‘real life’ examples and is intended to be interactive and practical.
- Gain a better understanding of accounting concepts related to general and private equity funds;
- Find out how to use accounting standards in preparing financial statements;
- Explore an in-depth case study example of a fund.